These adorable Gingerbread Christmas cookies are super easy to make and look fabulous when you're done! They taste yummy, and will be the hit of any party, treat plate, or gathering. Just follow our simple recipe below!
Gingerbread Holly Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 pkg. Wilton White Chocolate Melts
- Holly Jolly Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light a fluffy.
- Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla and blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, soda, salt, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir this into the sugar mixture until well combined.
- Roll dough into about 1 ½ inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Dip a glass into the extra sugar and press each cookie until flattened just slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate per package directions and dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and lay back on the baking sheet. Place 2 little holly leaves and 3 red holly balls onto the chocolate.
- Let the cookies sit until the chocolate hardens.
Make sure to keep the cookies in an airtight container if you'll be saving them. Most of the time the cookies are immediately claimed and eaten at our house, so airtight containers aren't really a necessity.