These Jolly Rancher shamrock cookies are easy, yummy, and SO cute!! They make great treats for your family, for St. Patrick's Day classroom parties, or for whenever you're craving some sugary goodness.
This is what you're going to need:
- 1 ¼ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ teas. Baking Powder
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Vanilla
- Green Jolly Ranchers
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter (1.5 inches)
- Round Cookie Cutter (2.5 inches)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, beat butter and sugar with mixer then add egg and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into wet mixture.
- Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Take dough and roll into a ball and place on floured counter top.
- Take rolling pin and roll out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. If it’s sticking to rolling pin, add a little flour to top of dough.
- Cut out circles then cut out the shamrock shape in the middle. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Take Jolly Ranchers and place in baggie, hit with a heavy object to break it up into little pieces.
- Place the jolly rancher pieces inside each shamrock hole.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Take out before the edges turn golden brown. (Makes about 2 dozen cookies.)
Store your cooled cookies in an air tight container, and enjoy!!