These New Year's Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes are an easy and sweet treat that everyone will love! They only take a few minutes to put together and will be the hit of the night. The best part is that you can throw them together earlier in the day so that you can party all night!
- 8 Mini Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 pkg. Mini Chewy Sweet Tarts
- 8 Yellow Gumballs
- 8 Clear Plastic Shot Glasses
- 8 Toothpicks, with frilly cellophane tops
- Gold and Silver Sugar Crystals
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag and tip, or you can just spread it on in a thick layer.
- Sprinkle gold and silver sugar all over the frosting.
- Pour some of the candy into each shot glass and fill almost halfway.
- Place a cupcake into each glass.
- Poke a gumball onto each toothpick, and poke a toothpick down into the frosting on top each cupcake. The ball can just rest on top the frosting.
These are as fun to display as they are to eat. Make sure to showcase them at your gathering on New Year's Eve!