Looking to wow someone during the holidays? How about whipping up some of these fancy Oreo Cheesecake Star cookies - no one needs to know how easy they were to make, they'll be too focused on how incredible they look and how delicious they are! You can make them in small batches or larger ones if you need a bunch on the table (be forewarned they may go fast!)
• package Oreos
• 8oz package cream cheese, softened
• package almond bark/candy melts
• Sprinkles (optional)
- Crush Oreos in a blender, food processor or Ninja until it resembles coffee grounds. You may need to turn the settings on your blender higher to blend the cookies better.
- Place crushed Oreos into your mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese and mix until it’s blended well. Finished product will resemble a dough of sorts. You may need to take a silicone spoon and scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to get the little pieces trying to escape.
- Place ball of dough between two parchment sheets and roll out to appx 1/4 inch thickness. (You can use a rolling pin or just flatten with your hand thoroughly. Any large heavy flat object will also help if need be) Then use your Star Cookie Cutter and cut out as many stars as you can. You can also reroll the leftover dough and flatten it out again to make more. Get the most out of your dough and then you can roll the rest into smaller cheesecake balls.
- Place dough balls in refrigerator to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Microwave almond bark/candy melts in 30 second intervals until melted.Stir around to fully melt almond bark. Once melted, dip oreo stars in candy, shake excess off and place on parchment paper. (You can use a fork to hold the balls when dipping into the almond bark)
6. Before the candy sets up, decorate with festive sprinkles of choice.
Be prepared to have the best looking (and tasting) Christmas treat!