You can make your own super cute snowman family using awesome stuff like pipecleaners, tic tacs, and TOILET PAPER ROLLS. That's right. T.P. Rolls. I love toilet paper roll crafts - because with a family of seven we have a never ending supply of those things....just sitting in the holders....waiting for me to change them (why am I the only one that knows how to do this here?)
Here is what you're going to need:
- Empty Toilet Paper Tubes/Paper Towel Tubes
- Orange Tic Tacs
- Colored Glitter Glue Pens
- Assorted Colors of Felt
- Pipe Cleaners
- Wiggly Eyes
- Assorted Colors of Poms
- Hot Glue Gun and Scissors
- Cut your tubes to desired sizes (for tall and short snowmen) and paint them white. Let the paint dry all the way.
- Next, cut your pipe cleaners to approximately 3 inches. Cut the felt into 9 inch strips and cut little fringe into each end of the strips.
- Using your hot glue gun, glue on the eyes, tic tac nose, scarf, and buttons or poms. (Glue the smaller pieces on first.)
- Next, pull out your glitter glue pens (I love those things - it's glitter without 99% of the mess!) and draw on mouths, eyelashes, glasses, etc.
- Bend the pipe cleaners and glue the ends to each side of the snowmans head.
- Then, glue a little pom onto each end of the pipe cleaner to make it look like a little pair of earmuffs.
Make sure your little snowman family is nice and warm and looking good, because it looks like there's more winter coming. Bleh.
These are fun for kids to play with and they make cute winter decorations!